IV Nutrition and B12 Shots for optimum health
Vitamins are essential for energy, weight loss and disease prevention for people of all ages. Among one of these important vitamins is vitamin B12. For health-conscious individuals, a regular intake of vitamin B12 is a key element for preserving a balance in the human body. Vitamin B12 is important for metabolism of carbohydrates and fats, helps in maintaining balance of hormones and neurotransmitters, helps with the immune system and red blood cell formation.
Research and clinical evidence has shown that vitamin B12 deficiency is common, especially becoming more so as we age. Vitamin B12 deficiency is also commonly seen in people who are vegetarians (especially vegans), who are on certain medications, who consume alcohol, who suffer from gastrointestinal problems and who are undergoing stress. Hence, an increased intake of vitamin B12 is extremely useful for any of the conditions listed above. Vitamin B12 can also help with many other health issues, e.g. depression, neurological problems, fatigue, sleep and many more.
Vitamin B12 can be taken under the tongue, in pill form, liquid form or given by injection. Some of the advantages of B12 injections are: You get an immediate effect, more speedy recovery, can be used as a fat burner as it helps with metabolism, as part of an exercise regimen or just to have a nice boost in energy. Sometimes B12 injections are necessary for those who have a dietary deficiency or to treat pernicious anemia.
Why Do You Need A B12 Shot?
- Feeling a little of the blues?
- Feeling stressed out?
- Needing a little boost in energy?
- Having brain fog?
- Wanting help with your metabolism?
Ask about Myer’s Cocktail intravenous push, high dose intravenous vitamin C with minerals, or glutathione intravenous push for those feeling depleted, feeling run down, with initial onset of colds and flus.
-B12 Injection (methylcobalamin) = $20.00
-B12 cocktail for an extra boost (B1, B2, B3, B6, B12) = $30.00
-MIC – called the “fat burner” helps with weight loss and works best when combined with the B-vitamin injection = $10
* Methionine = an essential amino acid. When injected in the muscle it is more effective in mobilization and elimination of abnormal fat deposits.
* Inositol – a cofactor involved in many biological processes, including breakdown of fats and reduction of serum cholesterol.
* Choline – a cofactor involved in body’s ability to metabolize and transport fats through the blood.
IV Therapy – Purpose of:
Intravenous administration of nutrients can achieve serum concentrations not obtainable with oral, or even intramuscular (IM), administration. As the daily intake of vitamins and minerals is increased orally, the body can only absorb a certain amount. The nutrients in pill form have to be digested, broken down and absorbed to provide essential repair of the body. Furthermore, the absorption of these nutrients are compromised when certain conditions afflict patients. Poor digestion, food sensitivities, and chronic inflammation can often lead to poor absorption of these vital nutrients. By administering the solution intravenously, it ensures maximum absorption. Moreover, high doses of vitamins, minerals and amino acids cannot be ingested orally, but can be administered intravenously to help repair the body. At higher doses of these important and powerful nutrients, the cells rapidly repair, regain strength and help to treat many conditions. IV nutrient therapy is incredibly beneficial for people with gut issues, chronic fatigue, people with nutrient deficiencies and other health complaints. IV therapy also helps to treat many conditions e.g:
- Acute cold or flu
- Seasonal allergies or allergic rhinitis
- Adrenal fatigue and dysfunction
- Hormonal imbalances
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel disease – ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease
- Cancer prevention
- Tension headaches
- Athletes who need quick recovery for athletic events – marathons and matches
- Acute or chronic muscle spasms and pain
- Medication withdrawal
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Jet Lag
I list the IV therapies that I do in my office below:
Myer’s cocktail Intravenous Push
The “Myers’ cocktail” is administered intravenously and promoted as an alternative treatment for a broad range of conditions including asthma,colds and flu’s, fibromyalgia, cardiovascular disease and chronic fatigue syndrome. It consists of Vitamins C, the B-vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12), Minerals (Calcium, Magnesium, Selenium, Zinc). Athletes like coming in before their event as it helps not only in their performance, but also in their recovery. For more information, click here
Vitamin C w/minerals Intravenous Drip
It is similar to the Myers Cocktail IV Push but this is given as a drip due to the higher amount of Vitamin C in the IV. For more information, click here
Glutathione Intravenous Push
Glutathione, also known as GSH, is a considered the “master antioxidant.” It is a powerful, water-soluble protein that detoxifies your body and supports the physiological function of your body in a number of ways.
defends your body against toxins like benzenes, heavy metals, and pesticides. You ingest these in your body through your lungs, and digestive system. This is why your body develops the highest concentrations of Glutathione in your lungs and liver.
For more info, click here
Hydrogen Peroxide Intravenous Drip (H202 Drip)
In bio-oxidative medicine, oxygen is introduced directly into the body as hydrogen peroxide (H2O2). The chemical reaction looks like this: H2O2 → H2O + O-
This is chemical shorthand to indicate that in the body, hydrogen peroxide is converted to water and singlet oxygen. This singlet oxygen located at the end of this reaction is a powerful oxidizing agent. It is the active agent in hydrogen peroxide therapy.
The effect of singlet oxygen in the human body is twofold:
1) It kills, or severely inhibits the growth of, anaerobic organisms (bacteria and viruses). This action is immediate, on contact with the anaerobic organism. Anaerobic bacteria are pathogens, the organisms which cause disease. All viruses are anaerobic. NOTE: Aerobic bacteria (those that burn oxygen for fuel and leave carbon dioxide as a by-product — as humans do) found in the human intestine are friendly bacteria, which aid in digestion. These organisms thrive in the presence of hydrogen peroxide.
2) The second effect of hydrogen peroxide is that it provides singlet oxygen, which, in turn, transforms biological waste products and industrial toxins into inert substances by oxidizing them. This makes them easy to handle for the kidneys and liver.
Hydrogen peroxide is a part of normal metabolism. Your body produces it constantly. There are units in certain white blood cells called “peroxisomes,” which produce H2O2.
For more information, click here
About Dr. Kim Kelly
Dr. Kelly is a leading Naturopathic Doctor located in Encinitas, CA, servicing all of San Diego County. Learn more about Dr. Kelly.